By: Alisha Thawer
Mi² is proud to be working with Mackenzie Health in procuring an innovative health record privacy solution that is truly proactive in detecting and preventing any unauthorized access to sensitive data, while supporting real-time access to shared patient records.
The ideal solution will:
- Proactively prevent any potential data privacy breaches and unauthorized access to patient information systems
- Minimize the amount of resources needed to address unauthorized access to systems
- Work seamlessly with existing patient record management and patient care initiatives
- Adaptable with the ability to be improved over time (i.e. reducing false-positive results)
Why are we doing this?
Mackenzie Health is re-imagining their patient-care delivery model and is committed to following a connected health strategy that leverages the power of digital communications and the Internet of Healthcare Things (IoHT). Mackenzie Health, is the proud recipient of HTX REACH funding which enables the opportunity to evaluate, procure, and implement medical technologies that address high-priority health system problems.
For healthcare providers everywhere, data privacy and security issues are high up on the agenda. Mackenzie Health is committed to taking a proactive approach in protecting private and confidential information and is looking for a partner that shares this vision and can help implement a reliable solution.
This is an excellent opportunity for vendors, as it is expected that the innovation solution brought to life at Mackenzie Health will draw great interest in the healthcare community at large.
To realize Mackenzie Health’s vision around data breach prevention, they have partnered with a number of key partners:
- Michael Garron Hospital (formerly Toronto East General Hospital) – http://www.tegh.on.ca/
- Markham Stouffville Hospital – http://www.msh.on.ca/
- HTX – http://www.htx.ca/HTX_news/htx-announces-recipients-first-cohort-reach-funding
You can learn more about the bidding process for this project by visiting:
Innovation Procurement Process
Possible solutions will be discussed confidentially in the dialogue phase of the procurement process with short listed bidders.
Vendor Information Sessions
To find out more information about this exciting opportunity, Mackenzie Health will be hosting Vendor Information Sessions on:
- June 2, 2016 from 3pm to 5pm
- June 8, 2016 from 2pm to 4pm
To participate and for more information, please contact
(905) 883-1212 ext. 7130